• jensenbreck1
    At the dentist's recently ( not my own dentist, i was waiting for family..) and watching their infotainment animation on TV screen, I noticed a segment indicating that the dentist should be consulted in relation to Apnea ...

I asked my own dentist about this later, but he wasn't too clear about what it involved.

Does any one have experience of a dentist's intervention to correct Apnea ?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
    References:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2683613

whiteboard animation
  • felicia hobert
    hi. I know of two holistic dentists that specialize in sleep apnea, especially John Laughlin of Health Centered Dentistry in River Falls, WI. The other is Dr. Nordstrom - I think he located in Hollister, CA, but not sure. I am being treated by John Laughlin. He is absolutely brilliant. check out the testimonials on his website on the page "Lives We Have Touched." Apnea is absolutely related to your jaw, tongue, etc. He also specializes in TMJ. he is truly amazing. the first step in my treatment has been Mandibular Repositioning Orthotics...a long name for a very simply thing he made for me.

all the best and read his case studies available on his website too!

now that i know what i know, i would have my baby seen by John Laughlin soon or immediately after birth, and make sure that I was taking them in annually to see John so that they could avoid pain and suffering later, avoid the need for braces like i had, avoid TMJ and apnea like i have, and develop full faces! (which i did not). i know that eating a Weston Price diet can also help avoid some of these things, but depending on life circumstances, any stress can cause these issues through lack of development in the face during early childhood, and mouth breathing, etc.

i would also take my baby to see a cranial sacral practitioner after birth. Lois Laynee is an interesting woman who specializes in helping babies. She is based in Houston.
  • Ellen S.
    Check out some Buteyko breathing resources, (normalbreathing.com or http://buteykoclinic.com) which indicate to correct daytime (awake) breathing in order to resolve apnea. It's an overall fitness issue, not a dental one. But open mouth breathing at night can lead to extensive dental issues. So correcting doesn't necessarily start with a dentist, they just end up trying to treat the resulting symptomatic problems. (Part of breathing retraining can including taping the mouth closed at night, but in case of apnea, I personally wouldn't recommend that without comprehensive training.)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Join Our Vaccine Free Parenting Forum To Build Confidence, Community & Awareness

Join our feature-rich and topic categorized forum to connect with like-minded parents who raise healthy, vaccine free children.