• Jan Dederick
    My story. I am so lucky! When I was expecting my first baby in 1982, I was in chiropractic college. I had never really questioned vaccinations. I kept hearing from my teachers and colleagues with children things like 'Why would anyone think that plugging foreign protein into the bloodstream was a good idea??' and 'You don't need vaccinations: Innate Intelligence (the chiro term for vital force) will take care of your child. I wanted to be not a nutcase, you know, ignoring the dominant paradigm, so I began my search with this simple question: WHAT IF???? What IF the vaccinations could be/are harmful? The answer was loud and clear in my head: ONCE THEY'RE IN THERE, YOU CAN'T GET THEM OUT... Roger, got that. Scary. So up came the next WHAT IF? What if my baby GOT whooping cough, polio, etc. ? (We didn't worry about Measles, Mumps, Rubella in those days, as these were wild and kids got them and benefited immunologically). I began searching (and this way before the internet) and kept coming up with this word HOMEOPATHY,about which I knew next to nothing. The substance that can cause a disease can cure it. Health from the inside out, like that. But I had not knowledge of Homeopathy's long impressive history with epidemic diseases. I read the books (there were several and very accessible) and it seemed simple from that point of view! I mean even polio had been being treated successfully for decades by - - can you believe it? potentized chickpeas. I could find no evidence of harm done by these homeopathic medicines, so I spoke with my husband of my research and thoughts, and bless his heart, he was on board with trying without vaccinations. We got ourselves a home remedy kit, a few books, and an MD/homeopath for our pediatrician.
    Bottom line: I HAVE NEVER REGRETTED IT FOR ONE MOMENT. My kids are two of the healthiest (mentally, emotionally and physically) people I know of anywhere. The never went to a western doc except for stitches after a dog bite. And believe me, I did not start out as an outlaw. I became one by asking one simple question: WHAT IF?.....
    YOU CAN EMPOWER YOURSELF USING HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINE AT HOME. You can say good bye to night time visits to the ER, to the antibiotics song and dance, you can empower yourself. You can join your parent's intuition with some very reliable knowledge, and save time, money, anguish, and feel you've done the rtght thing for your kids.
  • Genevieve Hawkins
    Very well said. I am just starting to look into homeopathy, hoping to help my husband's autoimmune conditions. I started out vaccinating but stopped quickly. NEVER regretted it, not for a second. Sometimes a mother will out herself as having fully vaccinated kids by telling me some nonsense thing or other. I watch and notice that her kids seem to be going to doctors and hospitals a lot and struggle in school. My sister in law (fully vaxxed kids) once tried to accuse me of just not being vigilant enough to take my kids to a doctor when they are sick. I can rattle off a list of things for which I would seek medical attention for: any persistent (say more than 2 hours) fever of 104 or above, any seizure, any persistent rash or an open, bedsore type wound, any persistent (more than 5 days or recurring) low grade fever, sudden swelling/anaphalactic shock reactions, throwing up everything for more than 24 hours (dehydration risk), recurrent throwing up..the list goes on. And I'd take either of my daughters in under any situation in which they asked me to seek medical care for them, no questions asked. Yet my 11 year old has been to doctors 4 times in her life and an ER once. 3 times it was a health check where the doctor had to sign something for a school saying she was healthy. 1 time for a persistent cough identified as whooping cough, which ironically was one of the only vaccines she'd ever received (but no boosters). The ER visit was 2 hours after her first vaccine...never been that sick since then!
  • Jan Dederick
    Hi Genevieve, Thanks for commenting. Ironically, both my first and second experiences using homeopathy concerned fevers. First, when my daughter was 5 weeks old, I got hit hard and fast by a mastitis accompanied by extreme prostration and a 104 fever. A friend who'd grown up in Europe and knew homeopathy sent a remedy for me (her husband was a classmate of mine). Within SECONDS - - I kid you not - - I knew I was getting better: my energy totally changed. And within 15 minutes my temperature was down to 99. Second, when said daughter was 2, she was hit by a strong fever one night after dinner. We got out our book and looked under the 'Fevers' chapter: " if the child looks like this, give this remedy; if the child looks like that, acts like such and such, give this remedy And so on." What Sarah was manifesting matched so closely a certain remedy description that we decided 'to give it a try'. If it didn't work, we could always call our Homeopath MD. She got two tiny pellets, fell asleep in her dad's arms within a minute or two, slept 13 hours and woke up perfectly well.
    You see why I got excited? I'm still excited.
    Your husband's autoimmune problems are far more complicated and would require the care of a homeopath (lots of autoimmune conditions actually stem from some medicine or vaccination, just fyi.)
    Anyway, I support you in exploring outside the western box.
  • Skasch
    I was so excited reading these posts about homeopathy working for you. I tried homeopathy for my son when he developed chronic double ear infections beginning at 10 months old and lasting for over a year. These EIs I am sure were vaccine-induced. Sadly, though, homeopathy did not help in our case, chiropractic care did not help either. Only time made things better. I am still open to give homeopathy a try for common colds, fevers, etc. My son exhibits immunological problems: he has psoriasis. Can homeopathy help with that? Can you tell me the name of the book(s) you use?
  • Jan Dederick
    Was your son vaccinated before he developed the ear infections?
  • Genevieve Hawkins
    My husband has rheumatoid psoriasis. Also fibromyalgia and IBS-D. All likely stem from vaccination: he immigrated here from Thailand had to get some shots before he came 3 years ago. I have the record MMR and TDAP I thought he told me another one but it isn't written down. He's also said that generally any time he needed medical care in Thailand, they'd just give him a vaccine whether he wanted it or not. Some things seem to treat his conditions, like clobetasol cream for his psoriasis and vitamin D. They do not cure it and in late winter early spring he looks like he has a whole body case of measles. We have tried a lot of things over the past few years probiotics prebiotics vitamins supplements and mainstream medicine. Most everything has moved symptoms around at best his intestines will be better but then he has painful migraines, that type of thing. I have no real experience with homeopathy where would I find someone to do this?
  • Jan Dederick
    This is deep case requiring professional care. Where are you located? NCH (National Center for Homeopathy) keeps a list of members. Not all homeopaths are members though, and being in their list doesn't guarantee how good they are. For your husband's (and possibly your son's) situation, you might want to find a good hahnemannian homeopath who is also trained in CEASE Therapy.
  • Lynn
    Jan, what is CEASE therapy?
  • Jan Dederick
    Tinus Smits was a Dutch homeopath who had the idea of administering potentized vaccinations (i.e. vaccinations that have been serially diluted and succussed (as homeopathic remedies are prepared) ) to children with autism: in many many cases the autism symptoms began to disappear. (There's more to it than that, but that's the big picture). He developed the acronym Complete Eradication of Autusm Spectrum Expression.
    Sadly, Tinus passed of kidney cancer a few years ago, but the work continues to be developed and taught. www.cease-therapy.com/
  • Stephanie
    I usually use Hylands Cold and Cough for my 2 and 6 year olds. It works! Stops that runny nose and cough and helps them feel comfortable. I mentioned belladonna once to the pediatrician for fevers and she scared me into NOT giving it because it's dangerous. What's your take? i believe it IS for fevers, right?
  • Jan Dederick
    Pure homeopathy uses ONE REMEDY AT A TIME. Hyland's cold and cough contains 7 DIFFERENT REMEDIES. Two problems with this approach (although way better than antibiotics!)
    1) , we have no way of knowing WHICH of the seven remedies was the one that settled things down. and 2) if the cold picture keeps coming back, it's a sign that the system is 'doing' the cold in order to clear a deeper problem. (We call it an externalization: e.g. chronic earaches are often the body's way of getting a toxic vaccination out of the system, ears being a convenient 'vent'. ) So, what seems like an 'acute' illness (cold, cough) is not always so, it may be part of the person's 'chronic' illness. So if the cold recurs, get in touch with your homeopath who knows how to 'read' such things. Hope that helps.
  • Stephanie
    Wow- that IS very interesting and great points! I never thought of it that way!!! Thanks for responding. I agree with the body trying to clear itself through the cold symptoms. What is your take on... treating the symptoms or let the body go through this 'clearing itself'? Also- do remedies hep u get better or just 'fix' the symptoms?
  • Stephanie
    Jan you sound very knowledgeable!! Does homeopathy help ear infections? My little guy is vax free and got his first ear infection - he's 2. He also goes to a chiropractor , so I'm STUMPED- as to why he got one! My main question is- can remedies help that? I really would like to find a Homeopath! This topic is sooo interesting!
  • Larry Cook - ADMIN
    Most of the time the root cause of ear infections is dairy. Eliminate dairy (all dairy - cheese, milk, ice cream, butter, etc.) and they will go away. Dairy causes mucous in the ear, which collects bacteria, which causes an infection. Interestingly, repeated ear infections can lead to ADD/ADHD because they compromise the vestibular system. I discuss ear infections at length on my website here.
  • Jan Dederick
    Your home care book ( I recommend Maisie Panos' Homeopathic Medicines at Home or Dana Ullman's book, forget the exact title) can help you select an appropriate remedy for your guy's ear infection.
    Regarding your first query, 'the less medicine the better'. Give the Immune System a chance to deal with what's happening on its own. If things get stuck, i.e. the situation doesn't resolve or there is pain, or some other serious indisposition, then you can look for the correct remedy.
    The well-selected remedy stimulates the body's own self-regulatory mechanism to correct the 'disattunement' that is the cause of the illness. The wrong remedy will likely do nothing - - it's not a match. The right remedy can seem downright miraculous in its speed and efficacy.
  • Stephanie
    Larry- soooo true! I NEVER stopped to think about that! Excellent point!
    PS- thank u for all your work- it's my pleasure to say this to you 'in person'!!!!!
  • Larry Cook - ADMIN
    You're welcome Stephanie! Glad you are here!
  • Jan Dederick
    One thing, vis a vis your dairy point, Larry (which is very well taken, ): since learning bout Weston Price: I have found that MANY dairy sensitive patients, if they switch entirely off Holstein milk to Jersey or Guernsey (older, less hybridized breeds) they LOSE the mucus problem. Holsteins were hybridized to produce more milk (3x as much!) and in that process their milk acquired a protein that has produces a histamine reaction in sensitive people. the older breeds' milk doesn't have this protein. My husband now drinks raw (Jersey) milk with no problem, whereas he hadn't been able to drink milk for years before that. Another case of the food industry causing problems... Happy Saturday everyone.
  • Jennifer
    Hi Stephanie, Hopefully the ear infection has passed, but just in case you need to deal with it again, I have found a drop of garlic oil, with chiropractic care does wonders. I am also a big believer in essential oils, which you can blend to meet your child's specific needs. :)
  • Jan Dederick
    I agree about garlic. A cut up clove works well also. Highly antibiotic, the allium family.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Join Our Vaccine Free Parenting Forum To Build Confidence, Community & Awareness

Join our feature-rich and topic categorized forum to connect with like-minded parents who raise healthy, vaccine free children.